Just OK for me

The Lake House - Kate Morton

Kate Morton is known for weaving stories that span several generations so it wasn’t surprising that this was such a book also. However, there were parts that really dragged for me and I felt just weren’t necessary. But I was glad that I hung in there and stayed with the story as all those “unnecessary” parts actually were eventually shown to be necessary and Morton connects all the dots expertly.

The mysteries, and there are several of them, are complicated ones, with many red herrings leading you in erroneous directions. While the story was a very good one, I can’t say that I was riveted to the pages. The only thing that I can think of that would be the cause of that was that it seemed too drawn out for me. I became tired of some of the back stories and felt they were a bit repetitive. I enjoyed the story of Sadie Sparrow and her investigation into the cold case of the missing Theo the best. And I did enjoy seeing the solutions to each of the mysteries and how everything connected together. However, while I had to keep reading to find out what happens and admire the intricate plot, it was just an OK book for me and nothing too memorable.

I was given this book by the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review.