Destined to become a classic

Marvel and a Wonder - Joe Meno

This book is a marvel and a wonder indeed! I truly enjoyed the heart-wrenching emotional journey it took me on.  This beautiful story filled my heart with wonder until it was overflowing. It’s a magical, compelling and utterly unique book.

The author has written a multi-layered love story between a grumpy grandfather, the grandson who bewilders him and an astonishing horse. The hope that this horse brings into their lives begins to form a connection between them. That new-found hope is in peril when the horse, which is both financially and emotionally valuable, is stolen from them. Their pursuit after the thieves will have you on the edge of your seat. But the suspenseful chase isn’t the heart of this book. The heart of this book lies in the beauty that unfolds within its pages, the glimpses into the lives and pasts of this man and boy. This author has the mind and soul of a poet. I felt so connected with the main characters and could empathize with them completely and cared about their plight. And of course there’s the amazing horse, who will find a place in your heart and will never leave.

This is a literary creation by a gifted author. It’s the first book I’ve read by this author. He’s been compared to William Faulkner and Cormac McCarthy, but I’d like to add another comparison: John Steinbach. A book that is well-deserving of the many awards that I have no doubt will be coming its way. Highly recommended to those who enjoy literary achievements.

I won this book through LibraryThing with the understanding that I would give an honest review in return.