Nicely written

Bradstreet Gate: A Novel - Robin Kirman

I'm not sure what it is that attracts me to books about murders committed at prestigious schools. I guess it's the concept that evil can be found even among the intelligence, structure and discipline found at these schools. This one particularly appealed to me as the one who was most suspected of having committed the crime was a highly admired professor. The crime occurs within the hallowed halls of Harvard.

This isn't a typical murder mystery and you won't find the plot neatly wrapped up. What you will find is an intelligent book about the effects of scandal on those involved. I thought the writer did a commendable job of drawing the reader into the lives of her characters. It's a compulsively readable book and I found it hard to put down. There were a few areas when the book reached the students' adult lives that moved somewhat slowly but I certainly never reached a point where I wanted to stop reading. I don't think the book quite stands up to the pre-release hype but this author is a talented one and I'm looking forward to seeing what her next book holds.

This book was given to me by Blogging for Books in return for an honest review.

More Info