Wonderful new author

A Small Indiscretion - Jan Ellison

This is such a beautifully written book.  The storyline is very involved and is in some ways predictable but in other ways very unpredictable.  Although I figured out one "surprise" early on, which may have been the author's intent, there were many other surprises that I never saw coming.

It's hard to believe this is a first novel by the author.  She truly knows how to build up suspense and mystery.  Her characterization is in depth and full.  The novel does jump around in time quite a bit at the beginning, which can be a bit confusing, but she pulls all of those time lines into focus throughout the book.

The story is a engrossing one and is sure to touch any reader with a past and who doesn't have one of those in one form or another.  It revolves around our past catching up to us and always being a part of us throughout our lives, despite our thinking it's been left behind.  The connections this story makes are intricate ones.

All in all, this is a wonderful one not to be missed.  I'm looking forward to more works from this very talented author.